The microblogging site, X, formerly known as Twitter is set to start paying eligible Nigerian creators from the X’s ad-revenue sharing program for creators.
Recall that the X owner, Elon Musk, had announced the initiative in February and started paying eligible US Blue subscribers (now known as X premium) in July.
According to leadership.ng, some verified Nigerian X users already received the payment notifications. A user claimed he is set to receive over N430,000 from the revenue generated on ads in replies to eligible users’ content.
Twitter (X) Payment Eligibility
There are basic requirements or threshold a user must meet to be eligible to receive payment from Twitter. According to the microblogging site they include:
- The user must be subscribed to Twitter Blue
- Have earned more than five million tweet impressions each month for the last three months.
- Stripe payment account
Contents Not eligible for Monetization on Twitter
- Contents that will not be monetized include:
- Creators are not allowed to monetize sexual content.
- Content that are not originally owned the users. In other words, copyrighted contents are not eligible for monetization.
- Contents that promote “pyramid schemes or get-rich-quick schemes”, crypto spamming, violence, criminal behaviors, gambling, drugs or alcohol.
Creators are to note that attempt to monetize such contents might raise a red flag.
The initiative rewards accounts who generate popular content that promotes advertising, incentivizing creators who create money for Twitter. As a result, creators will begin to receive a portion of the advertising revenue from comments made on their posts.